U.S. stocks sold off for a third consecutive session Tuesday after comments from President Donald Trump and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross threw cold water on hopes of a possible near-term respite from..
So, is a trade deal off the table...for now? President Donald Trump told reporters in London that a U.S.-China trade agreement may have to wait until after next year's presidential elections. Speaking..
President Donald Trump told reporters in London that a U.S.-China trade agreement may have to wait until after next year's presidential elections. Speaking to the media during a three-day visit to the..
Are we going to see a trade deal between the U.S. and China? China's Commerce Ministry said in a statement Tuesday it had made progress with its U.S. counterparts, including U.S. Trade Representative..
As Wall Street starts to sharpen its view of how U.S. stocks will perform in 2020, two key investment banks, Stifel and UBS, expect U.S. stocks to return about 5% for the next year or so. The S&P 500..
Let's talk about whether or not China and the U.S. will get a trade deal by the end of the year after the Chinese condemned a U.S. Senate resolution. The resolution supports human rights in Hong Kong...
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he would raise tariffs on imports of Chinese goods if no trade deal is reached with Beijing to end a tit-for-tat trade war that has roiled markets and..
BEIJING (AP) — China's trade with the United States sank again in November as negotiators worked on the first stage of a possible deal to end a tariff war.
Customs data on Sunday showed exports to.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
China's trade surplus with the United States for November stood at $24.60 billion, Reuters calculation based on Chinese customs data showed on Sunday, easing from the previous month's surplus of $26.45.. Reuters - Published
Recent challenges in its relations with major powers, the growing importance of Southeast Asia, and South Korea’s middle power aspirations provide much context for the ASEAN-Republic of Korea Summit.. Eurasia Review - Published
US stocks rocketed higher on Friday after November jobs growth soundly trounced expectations. Non-farm payroll employment increased by 266,000 in November, compared with a consensus estimate of.. Proactive Investors - Published
US non-farm payroll employment increased by 266,000 in November, compared with a consensus estimate of 187,000. Job growth accelerated in November as former striking workers returned to General.. Proactive Investors - Published
· Throughout his presidency, Trump sought to rescue segments of the economy he believed were abandoned by politicians at home and battered by competitors abroad, like US manufacturing and.. Business Insider - Published
· *Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts project the S&P 500 will surge 6% in 2020, and a recent note detailed how investors can find the best stocks for the new year.*
· *Though the most important.. Business Insider - Published
· *Last month the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) cut Huawei off from a $8.5 billion pot of government subsidies designed to help rural communities buy telecoms equipment.*
· *The FCC said.. Business Insider - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Asian shares were mostly higher Thursday amid renewed hopes a U.S. trade deal with China may be near, despite recent tough talk from President Donald Trump.
Japan’s benchmark Nikkei.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
This post Wall Street Falls for the Ruse appeared first on Daily Reckoning.
Why a U.S.-China trade deal by Dec. 15 appears unlikely
The post Wall Street Falls for the Ruse appeared first on Daily.. The Daily Reckoning - Published
· *Saxo Bank, a Danish investment bank, published its 10 "outrageous" predictions for 2020 on Tuesday. *
· *The report doesn't reflect the firm's official market forecasts for next year, but rather.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks climbed Wednesday and recouped some of their losses from prior days on hopes that a U.S. trade deal with China may be nearing, despite tough recent talk from President Donald.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· *Small business owners are the most optimistic they've been in years as recession warnings wind down and employment trends remain healthy, according to the US Chamber of Commerce and MetLife's small.. Business Insider - Published
There’s no question about it -- global stock markets are roiled when Donald Trump tweets about the U.S.-China trade negotiations. Here’s one way to hedge against all that volatility: Buy Canadian.. Newsmax - Published
"A China trade deal is dependent on one thing — do I want to make it," the president said, adding, "In some ways, I like the idea of waiting until after the election for the China deal." NPR - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
WASHINGTON (AP) — Businesses and investors have been nervously monitoring U.S.-China trade talks for months, hoping the world’s two biggest economies can de-escalate their trade war and restore.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
· *Pushing a US-China trade deal past the 2020 presidential election takes away some of China's leverage, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross told CNBC Tuesday.*
· *The statement arrived hours after.. Business Insider - Published