· When Megan Murphy was laid off from her job at a Chicago-based tech company before Thanksgiving, she created a spreadsheet and slack channel, and invited other job-hunters to join.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
We’re deep into the 45th season of “Saturday Night Live” now, and also deep into the holiday season. In the most recent episode of “SNL,” which aired on Feb. 8, saw RuPaul make his hosting.. The Wrap - Published
Livonia police have just turned over a near drowning investigation to the Wayne County Prosecutor's office. It's about a frightening incident involving a 2-year-old boy at the Holiday Inn Express pool..
· *Disney Plus subscribers can stream brand-new feature-length films alongside their favorite Disney movies. *
· *The initial lineup of original films includes the live-action "Lady and the.. Business Insider - Published
Nickelodeon has renewed its “Are You Afraid of the Dark?” reboot for a second season, the network announced Tuesday, despite the show’s miniseries label.
The news came as part of.. The Wrap - Published
*Yowie Group Announces Winner of Charity Donation Competition Over Holiday Season as WIRES Wildlife Rescue *
*NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 18, 2020 /* Yowie Group, the confectionary company.. Accesswire - Published
SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) — Franklin Resources is buying competitor Legg Mason for $4.5 billion, creating a financial company with a combined $1.5 trillion in assets under management.
Franklin.. SeattlePI.com - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart is reporting disappointing fourth-quarter profits and sales.
The nation's largest retailer said Tuesday that sales at its U.S. stores heading into the holiday season were.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
BEIJING (AP) — Automakers are reopening factories in China that were idled by anti-virus controls as they try to reverse a sales slump in their biggest market.
Local officials have orders from the.. SeattlePI.com - Published
BEIJING (AP) — China reported 143 virus deaths and a dip in new cases Saturday while the government announced new anti-disease measures as businesses reopen following sweeping controls that idled.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· Sony is struggling to keep the cost of manufacturing for its upcoming PlayStation 5 down, sources within the company told Bloomberg.
· Specifically PlayStation is contending with a scarcity for.. Business Insider - Published
The number of people celebrating Valentine’s Day is dwindling but the spending on flowers, jewelry and chocolate is rising. Americans are projected to spend over $20 billion on Valentine’s Day this.. bizjournals - Published
BEIJING (AP) — China’s auto sales plunged in January, deepening a painful downturn in the industry’s biggest global market and adding to economic pressures as the country fights a virus.. SeattlePI.com - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — When the factory in China that makes Romy Taormina's anti-nausea wristbands closed for the Lunar New Year in late January, she expected production to resume by early this month. But.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Thomas Doherty is spilling on his Valentine’s Day plans with Dove Cameron! The couple will be spending the holiday week in New York City, while Thomas promotes his new Hulu series, High Fidelity... Just Jared Jr - Published
· *Hasbro stock surged as much as 9% in early Tuesday trading after the company topped expectations for fourth-quarter profit and saw revenue land just under analyst estimates.*
· *The holiday.. Business Insider - Published
· Two of the biggest consumer genetics companies — 23andMe and Ancestry — have recently laid off workers, citing a slowdown in the market for their tests.
· Consumers aren't flocking to send.. Business Insider - Published
BEIJING (AP) — More offices and stores in Beijing and other parts of China finally reopened Monday after the Lunar New Year break was extended to discourage travel and contain the new coronavirus,.. SeattlePI.com - Published
*RICHARDSON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / February 10, 2020 / *Optex Systems Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:OPXS), a leading manufacturer of precision optical sighting systems for domestic and worldwide military and.. Accesswire - Published
Now that we're close to Valentine's Day on February 14, many third-party Apple resellers and accessory companies have opened up notable discounts on Apple products and accessories this month. To keep.. MacRumours.com - Published
· Smartphone shipments in China could decrease by between 40% and 50% between Q4 2019 and Q1 2020 because of the coronavirus, according to market research firm Canalys.
· Analysts at Wedbush.. Business Insider - Published
Finding a deal on a MacBook ain't easy. In fact, it's nearly impossible, as Apple doesn't believe in sales. So, for the sake of saving time and frustration, we typically end up dishing out an.. Mashable - Published
Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo today sent out a note to investors warning them to pay close attention to the epidemic changes of the coronavirus outbreak in China as it is having an affect on Foxconn,.. MacRumours.com - Published
Take-Two’s stock price dropped 8% after posting its Q3 earnings on Thursday afternoon, with the gaming giant falling short of net bookings and earnings estimates. But CEO Strauss Zelnick, in a brief.. The Wrap - Published
The Apple Watch outsold the entire Swiss watch industry by a wide margin in 2019, according to new data shared today by Strategy Analytics.
Apple shipped an estimated 30.7 million units worldwide in.. MacRumours.com - Published
According to TheStreet.com, Jefferies analyst Kyle McNealy believes 2020 may be a “breakout year” for Apple wearables. Apple’s Wearables unit has been growing increasingly important for the.. WebProNews - Published
BEIJING (AP) — Automakers are considering whether to resume operations in China amid efforts to contain a virus outbreak while the impact on other companies spreads.
The latest developments as of.. SeattlePI.com - Published
If you didn't know better, you'd think Black Friday and Cyber Monday were right around the corner.
Retailers normally save their steepest discounts on electronics 'til then — i.e., mid- to late.. Mashable - Published
*LAS VEGAS, NV / ACCESSWIRE / February 4, 2020* / Naqvi Injury Law kicked off the 21st annual 98.5 KLUC Chet Buchanan Toy Drive with a $20,000 donation on the event's first day.
"This is something.. Accesswire - Published
Apple increased its worldwide tablet market share by 6.4 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019, thanks to strong demand for its new 10.2-inch iPad, according to the latest data compiled by research.. MacRumours.com - Published
· *Chinese oil demand has fallen by about 3 million barrels per day, a 20% decline, as coronavirus weighs on the economy, Bloomberg reported. *
· *Brent Intermediate dropped 0.31% to $55.91.. Business Insider - Published
David Dobrik made one fan’s dream a reality! While this particular girl was a fan of the YouTube star, she also turned her dad into a fan. Vienna Skye uploaded a video to TikTok where she explains.. Just Jared Jr - Published
The Seattle Times raised more than $2 million in its record-breaking 41st Fund For The Needy campaign to support nonprofits in the Puget Sound region. The holiday fund received more than 3,500.. Seattle Times - Published
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Apple is temporarily closing its 42 stores in mainland China, one of its largest markets, as a new virus spreads rapidly and the death toll there rose to 259 on Saturday.
The.. SeattlePI.com - Published